Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Mommy Album

I've been really working hard the last week or so on the Mommy album for Audrey. And now I have good reason to. Mom and I are going to Atlanta to see Audrey for Easter.

The Mommy album has been a work of love but man, I hate why I'm the one that has to do it. But how is else is Audrey going to get the stories that her Mommy should have been the one to tell - what it was like for Mommy growing up. Kathy tells her stories, but I'm the one digging out the pictures and putting the words to those pictures. David has his new life.

Since I'm so much older than Mary, I was already gone to college and work during all of her teenage years. So, I was on the periphery of her life during that time. This makes it even more difficult. Fortunately, I've been able to get in touch with a couple of Mary's high school friends who have also shared their memories. I'm saving those for Audrey as well.

So yes, the Mommy album is a work of love, but I really do hate why I'm having to do it. But hopefully, it will help Audrey remember her Mommy and it will help her to know her Mommy just a little better.

No comments: