Monday, February 05, 2007

My Life Is Happy Because...

With so many things that have gone on in the last month or so, I wouldn't have said my life IS happy. But I do have things in my life that make me happy.

I've talked to Audrey a couple of times recently and the sound of her voice makes me happy. She is 7, and still gets so excited sometimes that she rolls right on through her words. I don't always understand what she's saying, but the excitement and enthusiasm in her voice is infectious.

Mom is doing a lot better. The pain is almost gone now. She still gets short of breath, but she has an appointment with a cardiologist and a pulmonologist. I hope that they can get to the bottom of whatever it is causing her problems.

I have a wonderful family. Just look how everyone came to Cooper's aid and to be with him when Ruth died. And we continue to have get-togethers and we all get along well. That's amazing, considering the size of Mom's extended family.

And I have hobbies and interests that make me happy. I'm enjoying scrapping again. I have so much to scrap - the rest of my vacation and the Audrey pictures from Halloween and Thanksgiving. I've got my photography, although that can be aggravating as well as joyful.

But most of all, the thing that really makes me happy is the thought that I can go to God with my problems and troubles and He will always be there for me. I sometimes forget that, but He doesn't.

No comments: