Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why Do You Think You Were Born In This World?

Whew - a toughie!

Actually, I've thought about this with everything that's happened in the last 6, almost 7, years. I had really wondered what went wrong with my life. I wasn't married, I didn't have kids, I hadn't moved to faraway lands - things that I grew up thinking might happen to me. What little girl doesn't think she will get married and have babies when she grows up?

But then my dad had his catastrophic illness. I was able to spend most evenings and weekends with my parents helping out. Then Mary was diagnosed with cancer. I split my time between helping with Daddy and Mary where I could. I was able to fly to Atlanta when needed.

And then Mary died - again I was free to travel (within work constraints) to help with Audrey when David needed me.

If I had a "traditional" life with husband and kids, I wouldn't have been able to help out as much as I did with my family. So things do happen for a reason!

No comments: