Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Comfort Foods

I had a really rough day. I was at work from just after 7 until well after 6 tonight - 11 hours at least. We are undergoing an audit and this my first external audit to be in charge of. It was a long grueling day, and I didn't even get my "real" work done.

So when I left work, I just wanted comfort food. Nothing healthy, nothing low-cal, nope, none of that stuff tonight. I had chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes (yes, 2 different kinds of potatoes) and sweet carrots. For good measure, I had not one, but 2 yeast rolls with butter and on the last one - lots and lots of honey.

I feel better now. Fat, but happy!

2 comments:

Amy Eileen said...

Oh poor Maggie!! Two potatoes? Oh my! lol I buy these little bags now and they have white, red and blue in them. YUMMY!

Ernie said...

That's why it's called comfort food!